Comfort food that’s keto-compliant AND an easy weeknight dinner – this BEEF STROGANOFF is a perfect fit! It is inspired by a similar recipe published in the book KETO CLARITY by Jimmy Moore (by the way, it’s a great book), but I have made some changes and additions to make it perfect for our household’s taste. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Yields 4 servings
1 tbsp grass-fed butter (I use KerryGold salted butter. It’s the best!)
2 cups chopped mushrooms
1 cup frozen chopped spinach
1 lb grass-fed ground beef
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tsp chopped garlic
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 pint heavy cream
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Heat pan on medium-high and melt butter. Add mushrooms and spinach. Cook until mushrooms soften (about 5 minutes).
- Add ground beef, onion powder, garlic, salt and pepper. Brown until no longer pink, breaking the meat up into chunks as it cooks.
- Reduce heat to low and add the cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese melts.
- Add heavy cream and stir about 3-5 minutes until it the sauce thickens. (As it cooks, do a taste test and see if you need to add salt and/or pepper. If so, do it now and continue to stir.)
- Serve over cauliflower rice, pasta, sautéed veggies, zoodles or just by itself!
(We usually serve over cauliflower rice with a sprinkle of green peas on top for color and flavor. It would also be great on zoodles or gluten-free pasta. BONUS – it’s perfect for leftovers!)
Here are quick links to items you might need to create this recipe:
I may be compensated through my affiliate links, but all opinions are my own. I would never recommend a product I didn’t genuinely love!